I’m not a virgin anymore

14 Jan

I awoke this morning to the news that due to a gravitational pull, my astrological sign has changed and–get this–they added a new astrological sign into the mix. The new sign is called Ophiuchus and if you were born between November 29 and December 17, that is now your sign. You’re going to have to replace all of your old Scorpio or Sagittarius stationary, because you’re an Ophiuchus now.

That’s a shame for you. But meanwhile, I am reeling from the news that I am no longer a Virgo. That’s right. They changed the dates around and I am now a Leo.

I went to bed a virgin and woke up a lion. In retrospect, I never felt that much like a Virgo in the first place. Virgos are supposed to be real analytical and all “a place for everything and everything in its place” in their approach to life. I tried but, truthfully, I could never relate. People who swear by astrology always tried to tell me it might be the moon or some other planet having an influence. I never really looked into it.

I have had 2 friends in my life who were really into astrology. One was a girlfriend from college. I wonder how she is taking the news that she too is no longer a virgin? We’re both lions now. The other friend  who was into astrology passed away many years ago. When he died he was an Aries. Now he’d be a Pisces.

How does one adjust to this?  I bet this changes my birthstone too. Fortunately I haven’t invested in a bunch of peridot jewelry.

Aren’t a lot of astrologers psychics? How come none of them saw this coming?

“What’s your sign?” takes on a whole new significance.

Happy Friday!

10 Responses to “I’m not a virgin anymore”

1. Lisa Guimond January 14, 2011 at 8:20 am #

If it makes you feel ANY better – birthstones are by the calendar month. Your peridots are safe…

2. tracy~queenie January 14, 2011 at 8:36 am #

happy friday darling man…you lion….

3. wendy smith January 14, 2011 at 8:58 am #

I am also a Leo, and dont see you as a Leo, because you are so easy going. I am not sure you can make it as a Leo, Bill. We have tempers, and are too aggressive even when we shouldnt be. BTW I posted a link about why your sign probably didnt change on a comment of yours!

4. Fred January 14, 2011 at 10:15 am #

Well, that just tares it. I guess I’m no longer a Cancer and I was so enjoying it.
    I’ll just have to find this new site and find out what sign I really am. LOL

5. Pamela N Red January 14, 2011 at 10:26 am #

That is interesting. I’ve never heard of this before. I looked it up and that would make me a Taurus instead of a Gemini. Not sure if that one fits me or not.

6. Pamela N Red January 14, 2011 at 10:27 am #

I forgot to add that your birth stone goes with your birth month and not your star sign so you are fine.

7. Gay Groom January 14, 2011 at 2:20 pm #

That’s hilarious. Julia Sweeney discusses in Letting Go of God how when she was young how she would read her horoscope and how her sign described her EXACTLY. Then she learned her parents lied to her about her birthday so she could go to school sooner… and when she checked her new (‘real’) sign discovered that it also described her EXACTLY. Goes to show you how we project ourselves into it. And what it’s worth 🙂

8. Cindy N January 14, 2011 at 11:16 pm #

Hi Bill. First of all, I finally stumbled onto my Facebook to see you had linked this blog there. I don’t know how I missed it before, but I did. Anyway…..YEAH!!! You’re here!!!

I was a Capricorn. I don’t know what I am now, but I hope it’s cuter than a goat!

9. That Weather Girl January 15, 2011 at 7:54 am #

I keep hearing about this but the truth is I haven’t even bothered to find out if my sign has changed. What if I am no longer a Gemini and can no longer use that excuse for changing my mind so often?

• Mike January 16, 2011 at 7:35 am #

I’ve not done the requisite research but I believe instead of the Cancer/Moon Child I have been my whole life, I have now been decried as a Gemini. This might take the proverbial pick up lines to new dimensions! “What’s your sign?”…….”What sign do you want?”

LOL……as Popeye said, I yam what I yam.